Last week the International Weightlifting Federation announced the highly anticipated change to the male and female weight classes and for Olympic weightlifters around the world, the decision to go up a weight class or down has been left in question. It is important to consider factors like body type and strength to technique ratios all while keeping in perspective where you will have the greatest opportunities for success on the competition platform.
With the American Open 3 competition fast approaching and expected to have one of the highest participation rates ever, it's time to prepare for your new weight class. Take our one minute quiz below and receive a New Weight Class recommendation via email from Head Coach Dave Spitz!
California Strength Weightlifting Team
- Wes Kitts: 109kg Weight Class
- Stephen Ngo: 67kg Weight Class
- Rob Blackwell: 89kg Weight Class
- Nicole Lim: 49kg Weight Class
- Dylan Cooper: 109kg Weight Class
- Jason Starks: +109kg Weight Class
- Jaden Washington: 96kg Weight Class
- Jake Pudenz: 109kg Weight Class
- Dominic Stolle: 73kg Weight Class
- Jordan Weichers: 64kg Weight Class
NEW IWF WEIGHT CLASS QUIZ
Looking to qualify for one of the American Open Series Weightlifting Competitions?