Train. Perform. Recover.
California Strength Soldiers Wes Kitts and Jordan Weichers know the importance of proper recovery between training sessions and the impact that it has when they step out on the competition platform. Training five to nine sessions a week, they know that while Protein is a critical macronutrient, the meal prepped chicken and broccoli routine can get old fast. Well, you asked and they delivered, here are some of their favorite Protein based shakes and desserts to break up your meal prep monotony!
- 3/4 cup pasteurized egg whites
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup whole frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1.5 cup Natural Orange Juice (No added ingredients)
- 1 serving Vanilla Monster Milk
Macros: 77g Protein | 78g Carbs | 10g Fat | 727 Calories
- 4 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 2 cup Whole Milk
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 - 1 serving Monster Massive Chocolate
- 5g Unflavored Cytosport Creatine
Macros: 61g Protein | 107g Carbs | 60g Fat | 1198 Calories
Here are two great options for meal replacement shakes that can also be used in addition to your regular diet to give you a recovery boost or assist with gaining weight. Feel free to get creative with the portions based on your needs. Occasionally I will add kale or spinach to my breakfast shake (will add texture but won't change the flavor), especially if I'm not getting enough veggies in my diet. The Monster Massive / Gainer used in the Gainer Shake has A LOT of Carbs so if you're looking for less Carbs, go with Monster Milk instead.
Enjoy your shakes! - Wes Kitts
Protein Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
Finally, a dessert that I don't feel guilty about, is fun to make and the combo of peanut butter and chocolate... Come on, who wouldn't love that??? - Jordan Weichers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together 6 scoops of Cytosport Blend Vanilla Protein, 3 teaspoons Baking Powder and 4 packets of artificial sweetener.
- Slowly add water. Use very little water until batter consistency, then mix in 6 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- Scoop out small circles of dough onto a baking pan and press them down slightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool, then add frozen light Cool Whip in between two cookies and drizzle Walden Farms Chocolate Dip on top!
Macros: 28g Protein | 9g Carbs | 8g Fat | 220 Calories